The building that the Bell phone company had had built in 1897 at the southeast corner of the streets Notre Dame and Saint-Jean by the architects Edward and William S. Maxwell.© Bibliothèque et National Archives of Québec. Massicotte albums. 4-31-a
View from above the parking facilities. Photograph from the magazine “Architecture”, Bâtiments Construction, November 1956.
The “Parc Éphémère” parking building in 1997. Photography by Alain Laforest.
LOOKING BACK ON THE SPACE’S STORY
The “Parc Éphémère” site has been occupied since the seventeenth century. Many constructs have been following over time as the first headquarters of the BELL company , the parking floor of the Pigeon Hole, as shown in the pictures archived. The multilevel parking was demolished approximately ten years ago with the aim to make room for a condominium development project, the Saint-François project. The later never saw the light of day and the land remained unoccupied until 2009, first year of the “Parcs Éphémères” project.
The Parc Éphémères project was launched in 2009 by APOLLO AGENCY in partnership with the Business Development Company of Old Montreal.
Follow our news on Facebook.
129, rue de la Commune Est
Old Montreal (Quebec) H2Y 1J1
514 396 3393
Parcs Éphémères trusted APOLLO AGENCY in managing its public relations. Contact APOLLO L’AGENCE at 514 396 3393 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .